KILNVIEW is a Windows-based, one-dimensional, steady state rotary kiln model with an easy-to-use graphical users interface (GUI) for performing process calculations. KILNVIEW can be configured for mineral processing and waste incineration applications.
- model direct and indirect firing
- model fuel-rich and fuel-lean conditions in kiln
- compute required secondary air flow rate to
- achieve specified kiln off gas composition.
- complex feed and burner mixtures
- mid-kiln injection of high BTU waste
- includes effects of:
- solid-phase reactions
- entrainment of fines
- melting & drying of the feed
- combustion of organic matter in feed
- sizing of feed
- process optimization
- determine impact on process of operating variables
- examine impact of variations in feed composition
- quantify technical risk of capital improvements
- analysis of process economics
- development of control algorithms
- train plant personnel
The functionality of KilnView can be extended to create a configured model tailored to the exact requirements of a customer’s kiln-based process. The configured model can include simple heat and mass balance box models for pre-heaters, pre-calciners, cyclones, scrubbers, baghouses, stacks, secondary reactors as well as economic analysis information. All components within a KilnView configured model communicate in a seamless manner to provide a true a plug and play functionality.